Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Checkers Quilt

Hi! So glad you are visiting my blog. This is my first post. I have been wanting to start a blog for my quilts and other sewing projects, so finally I am. 
T
This is my "Checkers" quilt.  


I completed it Christmas of 2012 for my son JD. I used beautiful fabric from Cherrywood fabrics http://cherrywoodfabrics.bigcartel.com/ because I just loved the quilt and the fabric.

This quilt took me about 1 year from start to finish, so hopefully my son is enjoying it and keeping nice and warm with it. I pieced and quilted it all with my small Singer sewing machine, but hey, it worked. I have given my Singer to my little sister, Cathleen, so she can start sewing. Because now I have purchased a Brother that gives me more quilting space.

Thanks for viewing my blog. I'll get the hang of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment