Sunday, September 21, 2014

City Slicker Bag

This is my City Slicker Bag.


I love how it turned out. I've been using it for a few weeks now. This was the last pattern for the Bag of the Month Club that I was a member of. Well, I should have had this completed by July 15, but didn't get it done in time. I guess because I do too much running around in the Summer. So since it did not get completed by then, I let it sit longer without finishing it.  Here's the back.
I made the welt pocket on the back. You could have just made a zipper pocket, but I wanted to try making a welt pocket. It is really neat because I can just toss my keys in the pocket and grab them back out when I need them. 
For my City Slicker Bag, I used a purple-colored Kona cotton. Plus I used Downton Abbey fabric that I absolutely love. I'm a big Downton Abbey fan as you can see by the inside of my bag.

I love this pattern because I am so organized. I can put my sunglasses and glasses cases in the pockets, plus the zipper pocket keeps my contacts easy to find. And the other pocket, I can put my lipstick and other items in. No searching around in the bottom of the purse. I would like to make another one down the road, but that's when I have some extra time. Who knows when that will be?! But for now, I'm loving this Downton Abbey bag. It's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment