Monday, January 19, 2015

Serendipity Hip Bag

Here's a cute little bag I just finished. 

The Serendipity Hip Bag.
I wanted to make a small purse to sling across my shoulder because we are flying in an airplane on Thursday. You have no room walking in the aisles. Plus, going to the airport is a treat. So it's easier to just have the necessary items and have my hands free.

It was a fairly easy pattern. I didn't really have a problem and I finished it pretty fast. I did not use the adjustable strap. I just made the strap long enough to put across my body. I think next time I would just attach the strap to the "D" rings instead of even using the hooks. One of my hooks seems to unhook at times. I don't want it unhooking while I'm walking.


Outer pocket and Inside of Bag. It does give me enough room to put my sunglasses inside, plus some other items. Spaces for my license, and most used cards. Plus, in the zipper pocket I can put my lipstick and money. 
This is Amy Butler cotton, plus I used a green linen blend for the bottom and handle. Trying to use up some of the fabric I've had in my spare room. This purse pattern really doesn't take a whole lot of fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment