Friday, August 14, 2015

Cushion for Motorhome

We purchased a new motorhome last Fall. The table comes off and converts to a bed for another sleeping area. Well, what they gave us for the cushions were 2 small pieces that you place together and then put a sheet over them. We had 2 people sleep on it so far, and both people said the sections kept lifting up. Not a comfortable night's sleep. So I decided to make a cushion to fit.

You can use either side. I had the patchwork fat quarters from Fat Quarter Shop - Mill Book 1892. Plus I had the backing Grunge fabric. My camper fabric is brown, tan and beige. This matches good enough because I didn't want to buy any more fabric. The foam was pretty expensive because I had to have 5" deep. I could only find it online. The width was exactly right, but my husband had to cut the rounded corners with a 8" hacksaw. It worked ok. The cushion is nice and stiff to sleep on, now.  
Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment